Sun Plumbing and Septic Service installs a wide range of water softening, water treatment systems, R.O. systems, and iron removal systems for wells and public water. Call us today for a free estimate.
Why Soft Water?
Your Water, The Universal Solvent!
Water is considered the universal solvent. As it passes from liquid to vapor and back again, it tends to dissolve everything it touches- whether in the air as water vapor where it can mix with sulfur from smoke stacks forming acid or from the ground, absorbing calcium, magnesium, sulfur, iron, lead and limestone- water can have a negative impact on you, your household and your pocketbook. Depending on where you live, contaminants from sewage, industrial waste, and agricultural runoff can also seep into your water supply.
Hard water produces scale.
If there are stains or buildup on your sinks and bathtubs… if you have to use large amounts of soap to clean dishes or wash your hair… or if your water tastes or smells odd, you probably have hard water. If left untreated, the minerals in hard water will cause yellow stains on plumbing fixtures and be deposited as scale, eventually clogging plumbing and shortening the life of appliances like washing machines, water heaters and dishwashers. Scale deposits not only cut down on the efficiency of these appliances, they cost you money, increasing both energy and maintenance bills.
Water softeners eliminate the effects of hard water.
They “soften” the water by removing the calcium and magnesium found there, extending the useful life of water heaters, coffee makers, humidifiers and household plumbing by as much as 30%.
Soft water makes a difference you can see and feel, all over the house.
In the bathroom: Soap and shampoo will lather better, Hair and skin will feel noticeably cleaner, softer and not as dry. No soap scum or mineral deposits to clean off sinks, showers, tubs or toilets.
In the laundry: Clothes will be softer, cleaner, whiter and brighter. Plus, they will last longer. Using soft water increases the life of clothing, towels and linens up to 33%. Without hard water service issues, washing machines last longer too.
In the kitchen: Dishes will clean more easily, and be spot free, without the film glasses get when etched by mineral-laden water.
Throughout the House: Water-using appliances will last longer and run better. Why? Because hot water heaters, washing machines and dishwashers using hard water can wear out 30% faster.
Soft Water Works For You!
Fleck 5600 .75″ Control Valve Features:
- Simple mechanical design is easy to understand
- 5600 controls are user friendly and easy to program
- Designed with double backwash
- Non Corrosive, UV-resistant fiber-reinforced polymer valve body
- Meter (D.I.R.) or time clock, 7 or 12 day, initiated regeneration
- Economical- small annual power consumption; keeps the time and activates the piston/valve mechanics with a single motor
Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System
- Delicious, sparkling-clear drinking water
- Convenience: Fresh, clean water at your faucet
- Pristine, flavorful coffee, tea and juice
- Quality water for your aquarium
- Cleanly rinsed fresh fruits and vegetables
- Crystalline, harder and clearer ice cubes
- Prolong the life of your humidifier or steam iron
- Spotless glassware when rinsed with R.O. water
- Cost effective: No more bottled water costs
- Better tasting soups, sauces and meals
- Environmentally sound: No chemicals
- Great for family pets